Last year was a tough one for many U.S. solar companies. For the first time, America's solar market saw a decline in growth and solar employment.
What gives? In this podcast, we're going to walk through the sector-specific factors that threw solar off its axis in 2017.
Some of the questions we address in this episode:
- Residential customer acquisition: Why is it getting so much harder to find new customers?
- Solar-plus-storage: Where are batteries getting the most traction?
- Utility-scale solar: What's the latest data on pricing?
- Sunrun and Tesla: Why is Sunrun doing so well, while Tesla keeps shrinking?
- Non-residential: Why is this sector outshining others in terms of growth?
Don't forget to come to our 11th annual Solar Summit May 1-2 in San Diego, where we'll be dissecting data in the top solar markets around the world.
This podcast is brought to you by Shoals, the gold standard for solar and storage balance-of-systems solutions. Learn more about how Shoals can make your project operate at the highest level.
This podcast is brought to you by Fiveworx, a turnkey customer engagement platform for utilities. Find out more about how Fiveworx can help your customer engagement program succeed -- and get you beyond the meter.
- GTM: U.S. Residential and Utility-Scale Solar Markets See Installations Fall for the First Time
- GTM Research: U.S. Solar Market Insight report