In the Q1 2016 Solar Executive Briefing, GTM Research analysts weigh in on global demand, the leading U.S. residential solar financiers, module pricing, and the global module-level power electronics market. The full deck, delivered to subscribing clients this week, is 65 slides of data and analysis. We've provided a few highlights in the presentation below.
GTM Research Quarterly Solar Briefing
Top 5 Major Markets PV Demand 2015-2020E
- The U.S. will overtake Japan as the no. 2 market in 2016.
- The UK will cease to be a major market in 2017
- India will become the 3rd largest market in 2018
Quarterly U.S. PV Installations by Market Segment: 2010-Q4 2015
- Up 66% over 2014
- Down 4% from 2014
- First year in which utility PV installed over 4 GWdc
2015 Residential PV Installations: Top 10 State Markets
Five Companies Control More than Two-Thirds of the U.S. Residential Market
Module Prices Will Fall 4% in 2016
Overall MLPE Shipments Increased 60% percent to 2,164 MWac in 2015
- Market was 63% DC optimizers in 2015, up from 49% in 2015
- SolarEdge (optimizers) and Enphase (microinverters) control nearly 93% of the global market, up from 86% of the market in 2014, 77% in 2013, and 76% in 2012 an 2011 –
- SolarEdge grew its leading position over Enphase, and grew shipments 117% relative to 2014. Enphase shipments increased 23%.
Join us in Scottsdale next month!
For more information, download the solar subscription brochure here or contact email@example.com