There are three forces coming together in the transportation sector: vehicle autonomy, vehicle sharing and vehicle electrification.
On their own, app-based sharing and electric vehicles are powerful agents of change. Together with automation, "they're revolutionary," argues Dr. Dan Sperling, author of a new book on the subject.
"It will change our lifestyles, it'll change the automobile industry, it'll change land use and cities, it'll change energy," he explains on this week's podcast.
Sperling is the author of Three Revolutions: Steering Automated, Shared, and Electric Vehicles to a Better Future. He joins us on The Energy Gang for a conversation about whether these revolutions will reinvent -- or ruin -- the way we get around.
In the second half of the show, we'll talk about the continued realignment of global energy giants. We’ll run through some of the recent strategy shifts at the world’s top energy companies as they grapple with the clean energy, customer-centric transition.
This podcast is brought to you by CPower Energy Management. Find out more about CPower's demand-side energy management solutions.
- Amazon: Three Revolutions -- Steering Automated, Shared, and Electric Vehicles to a Better Future
- Bloomberg: Only Carpools Can Keep the Driverless Future From Becoming a Nightmare
- GTM: Statoil Is Now Equinor, in a Rebrand for the Energy Transition
- GTM: E.ON and RWE Merger to Create New European Giants in Renewables and Retail Energy
- GTM: Engie Advances ‘Energy Transition’ Plan With Major Stake in Electro Power Systems