Greed is good. At least, it’s good for decarbonization.
This week on The Interchange podcast, we have a new edition of the fantasy decarbonization draft — this one focused on acquiring and restructuring public companies.
We’re joining the ranks of corporate raiders like Carl Icahn, T. Boone Pickens and Gordon Gekko by taking over public companies and bending their strategies to our will. (For benevolent reasons, of course.)
Shayle and Stephen will pick their portfolio of companies, and then listeners will choose who has the best investment strategy. (Vote over at @InterchangeShow on Twitter.)
Here’s how it works:
- We each have $25 billion to spend.
- We can acquire a maximum of eight companies each. There’s no minimum.
- The cost of any given company is its market cap at the time of choosing.
- Our acquisition targets must be publicly traded.
- Once we’ve acquired a company, we can control its strategy.
- The goal is to accelerate decarbonization in our chosen sector.
- Our geographic focus is North America.
Here are our picks:
The Interchange is brought to you by Prisma Energy Solutions. Prisma Energy Solutions provides a unique financing model for battery energy storage systems that can help you reduce energy demand, participate in both energy and ancillary service markets, improve renewables integration, increase system reliability, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get your system today.
We’re also brought to you by Wärtsilä Energy. Wärtsilä is leading the energy transition with The Atlas of 100% Renewable Energy, an open-access tool based on the modeling of 145 countries and regions worldwide to illustrate the cost-optimal 100% renewable energy systems.