This week, the Green New Deal is rippling through Washington.
A few leading Republicans are responding to the progressive climate plan with some ideas of their own: the New Manhattan Project and the Green Real Deal.
They’ve gotten a mostly cold response from the left. But have we finally broken the ice for a legitimate cross-party policy discussion on climate? We’ll look at the GOP responses.
Then, Trump’s latest verbal convulsion. Speaking at a fundraiser, the president said wind noise causes cancer and kills property values. We’ll take this opportunity to review what the literature says about the impact of wind.
Finally, we’ll go to Virginia, where there’s been a ton of legislative activity on solar, efficiency, grid infrastructure and climate — some of which was blocked by the state’s mega-utility Dominion Energy. We’ll examine the politics.
- Bloomberg: GOP Tiptoes Toward Climate Plans as Ocasio-Cortez Turns Up Heat
- Matt Gaetz: 'Green Real Deal' Proposal
- Lamar Alexander: The New Manhattan Project
- The Conversation: Wind Turbine Syndrome, a Classic ‘Communicated’ Disease
- Virginia Mercury: How the General Assembly Failed Virginia Again on Clean Energy
Support for this podcast comes from PG&E. Did you know that 20 percent of EV drivers in the U.S. are in PG&E’s service area in Northern California? PG&E is helping to electrify corporate fleet vehicles. Get in touch with PG&E’s EV specialists to find out how you can take your transportation fleet electric.