How much solar and storage are getting built in the U.S. right now — and at what prices?
This year, there were a few major political and geopolitical factors that influenced solar project pricing: Trump's tariffs, China's abrupt policy shift, and the looming stepdown of tax credits in the U.S.
In this week's Interchange episode, we're joined by MJ Shiao, director of Americas research for Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables, for a conversation about all these factors. We'll also discuss the influence of batteries in the residential and utility-scale solar markets.
- How have tariffs impacted pricing?
- How did the sudden slowdown in China influence the U.S. market?
- How is the tax credit stepdown pushing development?
- What goes into record-low solar-plus-storage bids?
- Q2 US Energy Storage Deployments Grow 200% Year-Over-Year
- U.S. Solar Market Insight: Q2 2018
- China’s Bombshell Solar Policy Shift Could Cut Expected Capacity by 20 Gigawatts
Support for this podcast comes from Wunder Capital. Wunder Capital is the leading commercial solar financing company in the United States. Click here to find out how Wunder Capital can help you finance your next commercial solar project.
We're also supported by Shoals Technologies Group, the gold standard for solar and storage balance-of-systems solutions. Learn more about how Shoals can make your project operate at the highest level.