Joe Biden recently released a plan to address climate change on a trillion-dollar scale. Along with focusing on the rapid deployment of renewables, it also devotes resources to environmental justice, sustainable housing, clean transportation and networking. But it also avoids the issue of fossil fuels.
What would it mean? And who's informing the ideas? We’ll dig in.
Then, we discuss Facebook's disinformation problem. We look at why Facebook is rejecting the conclusions of its fact-checkers on some articles about climate change. We’re joined by Emily Atkin, climate journalist and founder of the newsletter Heated, who dug up some of the documents showing who’s making these decisions at Facebook.
Finally, U.S. attorneys in Ohio and Illinois have been busy investigating racketeering and bribery by high-ranking public officials who are doing the bidding of utility companies. In Ohio, the state's speaker of the House was arrested, and in Illinois, a utility was put on probation. There’s a common thread, and we tease it out.
- Biden Campaign: Climate Plan
- Biden Campaign: Environmental Justice Commitments
- GTM: Biden Pledges $2T in Clean Energy and Infrastructure Spending
- Heated: Facebook Creates Fact-Checking Exemption for Climate Deniers
- NYT: How Facebook Handles Climate Disinformation
- WaPo: GOP Ohio House Speaker Arrested in Connection to $60 Million Bribery Scheme
- Axios: Ohio House Speaker Charged in $60 Million Bribery Investigation
- GTM: ComEd Agrees to $200M Fine on Federal Bribery Charge
The Interchange is brought to you by Fluence, a global leader in battery-based energy storage technology and services. From commercializing the first grid-connected battery systems in 2008 to the multi-gigawatt fleet being deployed for customers globally today, the Fluence team is ensuring that storage is the cornerstone of the electric future. Learn more.
The Energy Gang is brought to you by Nor-Cal Control. As a total controls and monitoring solution provider, Nor-Cal supports every phase of your project, from turnkey design solutions to post-OEM enhancements, troubleshooting and training. As the only system integrator in solar PV that comes from a traditional power generation background, Nor-Cal has earned a reputation at the “strongest in controls.” Learn more.