There are tradeoffs to everything in energy. So why not put those tradeoffs to a test?
We recently crowdsourced some "would you rather" scenarios from our listeners. On this week's Interchange podcast, we'll choose our favorites and debate the scenarios.
Here are the scenarios:
- Would you rather have $10 billion in renewable deployment funding, startup funding or R&D? (Bryan Birsic, CEO of Wunder Capital)
- Would you rather see oil suddenly go to $20/bbl or $200/bbl? (Eric Hittinger, professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Would you rather have perfect load forecasting capabilities or perfect wind + solar forecasting algorithms? (Elizabeth Buechler, Ph.D. student at Stanford)
- Would you rather have a national HVDC overlay grid or ready-to-go next-generation nuclear plants with excellent ramping capability? (Michael Noble, CEO of Fresh Energy)
- Would you rather have an electric Ford F-150 or a $15,000 EV? (Matt Stephens-Rich, electric vehicle specialist at Electrification Coalition)
- Would you rather have a shared autonomous fleet or more mass transit coverage in cities? (Brinda Thomas, engineering and public policy at Stitch Fix)
Support for this podcast comes from Wunder Capital. Wunder Capital is the leading commercial solar financing company in the United States. Click here to find out how Wunder Capital can help you finance your next commercial solar project.
We're also supported by Shoals Technologies Group, the gold standard for solar and storage balance-of-systems solutions. Learn more about how Shoals can make your project operate at the highest level.