Solar PV Asset Management 2017-2022: Markets, Investors, Asset Managers and Software
The total installed base of operational PV systems surpassed 300 GW globally at the end of 2016. As the solar industry continues to mature, increased focus is turning to asset management, a term used in the power industry to describe the financial, commercial, legal and technical management of power plants and other assets.
Asset management is usually considered as a separate function from operations and maintenance (O&M), although it includes oversight over O&M activities and technical plant performance. Because asset management and O&M are different markets with different characteristics and landscapes, and little overlap, GTM Research and SOLICHAMBA created a new report dedicated to asset management, and will no longer cover the topic in its O&M market research.
This new report analyzes global markets and landscapes for asset management of operational solar PV systems, including:
- 198 investors accounting for 55 GW in net operational solar PV capacity
- 46 third-party asset managers providing services to 17.6 GW of operational PV plants
- 10 software vendors supplying asset management automation solutions for 12.5 GW of operational PV plants
The extensive coverage includes 13 key markets across 4 continents:
- Europe: Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain
- North America: U.S., Canada
- Asia Pacific: Japan, India, China
- Latin America: Chile, Mexico, Brazil
For each market, the report dives into:
- Market size by year of installation and segment (Pre-2008 to 2016)
- Market forecast by segment (2017 to 2022) and key market drivers
- Top investors in operational assets (by net and gross capacity)
- Secondary market activity
- Top third-party asset managers (by managed capacity)
- Services, market prices, trends, and outlook
Third-Party PV Asset Management Landscape
This report is part of GTM Research’s Global Downstream Solar Service. It can also be purchased individually or bundled together with GTM Research and SOLICHAMBA's upcoming Megawatt-Scale PV O&M report. To learn more or schedule a demo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a free brochure with a full table of contents as well as more information on the report's analysis.