FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric now starting at $33,045
- 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric adds 46 miles to driving range – now exceeding Nissan Leaf
- Standard DC fast charge capability provides 136 miles (80% of range) in 54 minutes
- Featuring enhanced infotainment technology and SmartSense™ active safety and driving assistance systems
- Home charger and installation available through Amazon at amazon.com/hyundai-charging-solutions
Hyundai Motor America has announced prices for the eco-friendly 2020 IONIQ Electric car. The redesigned 2020 IONIQ Electric delivers 170 miles of range, technology and advanced standard safety features at a starting price of $33,045 for the well-equipped SE model. Customers may receive the available federal tax credit of up to $7,500i making the net price $25,545 for the SE model. The top-of-the-line Limited is available for $38,615 ($31,115 net with federal tax credit) and now offers the following optional features: Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Highway Drive Assist, 10.25-inch navigation system and Harman Kardon premium audio. Hyundai also announced today its collaboration with Amazon Home Services to make shopping for and installing home electric vehicle chargers easy. Installations will use licensed electricians and will be backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee.
2020 IONIQ Electric Pricing
100kW (134HP & 218 lb.-ft. of torque)
Single-speed Reduction Gear
100kW (134HP & 218 lb.-ft. of torque)
Single-speed Reduction Gear
Freight Charges for the 2020MY IONIQ Electric are $955 and are not included in the chart.
2020 IONIQ Electric Enhancements
- Driving range increases from 124 miles to 170 miles
- Battery pack capacity increases from 28 kWh to 38.3 kWh
- On-board charger increases from 6.6 kW to 7.2 kW increasing charging speed
- Using a 100-kW fast-charging station, the new battery can reach 80% charge in as little as 54 minutes
- 133 combined MPGe makes IONIQ Electric one of the most efficient vehicles sold in the U.S.
- Horsepower increases from 118 hp. to 134 hp.
The new IONIQ Electric's battery has been upgraded from 28 kWh to 38.3 kWh, meaning drivers can go even further between charges. It boasts 36% additional energy storage capacity, offering a total of 170 miles of estimated range. Its e-motor delivers 134 horsepower and 218 lb.-ft. of torque and is fitted standard with a 7.2-kW on-board charger - an upgrade from current 6.6-kW – for Type 2 AC charging. Using a 100-kW fast-charging station, the battery can reach 80% charge in as little as 54 minutes.
The new IONIQ Electric also features Eco+, which supplements the standard Eco, Comfort and Sport driving modes. By selecting the Eco+ mode, drivers can reduce their energy consumption extending the car's remaining energy.
Home charger and installation available through Amazon
Hyundai currently offers the Kona Electric, IONIQ Electric and, IONIQ Plug-in Hybrid models. Current and future owners of Hyundai plug-in electric models now have a one-stop destination at which to select appropriate charging systems and schedule home installation at amazon.com/hyundai-charging-solutions. The new EV home charger solutions expands Hyundai's "Digital Showroom" on Amazon.com.
Amazon Home Services EV charger options include:
- Transparent pricing of applicable Level-2 charging systems approved by Hyundai
- No questionnaire forms, photos or call back to schedule appointment
- Wizard tool to identify customer's property and installation type
- Helpful reviews from other Amazon customers
- Convenient online scheduling, rescheduling and payment using a linked amazon account
2020 IONIQ Electric Highlights
Exterior design enhancements
- New distinctive pattern on the closed grille of the Electric
- New front and rear bumper fascias
- LED head, tail and daytime running lamps
- New wheel designs
- New side sill moldings
Interior design enhancements
- Available 10.25-inch widescreen Navigation system
- New center LCD information screen
- New upper and lower instrument panel
- New console upper cover
- Dark chrome instrument panel trim
- Touchscreen heating and cooling controls
- Ambient lighting
- Piano key controls
2020 IONIQ Electric SE (Replaces 19MY Electric trim)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go added
- 8-inch Display Audio infotainment systems with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ added (7-inch Display Audio system for 19MY)
- Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist w/ Pedestrian Detection added with SmartSense
- Lane Keeping Assist added
- Driver Attention Warning added
- High Beam Assist added
2020 IONIQ Electric Limited enhancements
- LED Headlights
- 10.25-inch Navigation system added (8-inch for 19MY)
- Harman Kardon premium audio added
- Ambient interior lighting added
- Touchscreen heating and cooling controls added
- Highway Driving Assist added with SmartSense
- Lane Following Assist added with SmartSense
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist added with SmartSense
- Stellar Silver
- Electric Shadow
The upgraded IONIQ Electric still features Hyundai's Blue Link connected car system, which uses embedded telematics to allow drivers to remote start their vehicle and control air conditioning using the MyHyundai smartphone app. The app also allows users to remote lock or unlock their doors, and find their vehicle in a crowded parking lot with Car Finder and remote horn and lights. This technology also allows owners of the plug-in or electric model to remotely check the status of their battery so they know when they need to recharge the vehicle. Thanks to Blue Link, charging can be remotely controlled and scheduled via the app.
In addition, Blue Link in the new IONIQ arrives with cloud-based navigation, which offers free up-to-the-minute traffic information, POI searches, dealer locator as well as the ability to locate nearby charging stations.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
At Hyundai Motor America, we believe everyone deserves better. From the way we design and build our cars to the way we treat the people who drive them, making things better is at the heart of everything we do. Hyundai's technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel cell vehicles is backed by Hyundai Assurance—our promise to create a better experience for customers. Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide and nearly half of those sold in the U.S. are built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.
Disclaimer: Hyundai Motor America believes the information contained herein to be accurate at the time of release. However, the company may upload new or updated information if required and assumes that it is not liable for the accuracy of any information interpreted and used by the reader.
i Dependent on individual tax circumstances.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2020-hyundai-ioniq-electric-boasts-37-more-driving-range-300994632.html
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America