What is Grid Edge?In the new age of distributed generation, the electric utility industry is on the cusp of a dramatic grid modernization and business transformation.
GTM Covers Grid EdgeDaily news and analysis of Grid Edge technology and market developments throughout our solar, grid and efficiency channels.
The Grid Edge Executive CouncilNetwork with industry leaders. Learn more about the Grid Edge Executive Council.
Grid Edge WebinarsHear directly from council members and GTM analysts about the most important Grid Edge topics.
Grid Edge LiveMeet with fellow executives changing the utility industry at Grid Edge Live, June 24-25, 2015.
The electricity industry is on the cusp of a dramatic transformation, as the proliferation of distributed energy resources and customer energy management solutions necessitate complex and wide-reaching changes to power infrastructure, market design, and business models. Increasing customer adoption of distributed generation, microgrids, energy storage and demand response present an unprecedented opportunity for utilities, technology providers, third-party energy service providers and customers to create a sustainable, digital, interactive, reliable and efficient power network.
Like many areas of innovation and transformation in adjacent markets today, this activity plays out at the boundary, or edge, of traditional stable and well-understood territories. Greentech Media calls this space the Grid Edge.
Download the free 70-page report to understand what these changes mean for the utility industry, and for your business.
Download the Report
To receive the free special report, enter the information below and click submit.
What is the Grid Edge?
Next-Gen Energy System
- Utility Business Model Adaptation
- Transactive Energy Services
- Intelligent Rate Design
- Third-Party Energy Service Providers
- Regulatory Advancement
- Volt/VAR Optimization
- Demand Response Management Systems (DRMS)
- Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
- Distributed Storage Management
- Smart PV Inverters
- Grid Control and Modeling (DMS/OMS/SCADA)
- Workforce Optimization
- Distribution Automation
- Physical Security
- Asset Health and Management
- Data Management Systems (e.g. MDM)
- Grid Networking (AMI/FAN, WAN)
- Network Management
- Sensors and Monitors
- Grid Analytics
- Distributed PV
- Combined Heat and Power
- Fuel Cells
- Other DG Technologies
- Battery Storage
- Flywheel Storage
- Thermal Storage
- EV Storage
- Energy Management Systems
- Demand Response
- Intelligent Efficiency
Grid Edge Editorial Coverage
Greentech Media has been the leading resource for renewable energy industry professionals since 2007. Our news team covers topics that touch aspects of the GridEdge, and we've compiled all of the news here. READ GRID EDGE COVERAGE
- How Utilities Could Use Virtual Reality and Google Glass to Monitor the Grid...Read More Jeff St. John
- Friction at the Grid Edge: Hawaii’s PUC Orders HECO to Approve Solar Rooftops...Read More Eric Wesoff
- New York Calls for Utilities to Accelerate Distributed Energy With New Platforms and Partners...Read More Katherine Tweed
- Anbaric and Exelon Try New Model for Microgrids in New York...Read More Jeff St. John
- Blue Pillar, Space-Time Insight Raise VC and Strategic Cash for Microgrids and Data Visualization...Read More Jeff St. John
- Grid Edge Executive Council Welcomes 6 New Members, Including Duke Energy and SunEdison...Read More Mike Munsell
Grid Edge Webinar Series
A World-Class Research Subscription and So Much More
The Grid Edge Executive Council represents an exclusive group of decision makers driving the future of the electric grid. Through the Council, members can access research on market trends, learn about technological developments, and engage with peers to tackle the industry's most pressing questions.
About our Executive Council and Market Research