This week on Watt It Takes: Wunder Capital CEO Bryan Birsic on why he wants to solve the commercial solar financing challenge, when so many others couldn't.
"That is what a startup is to me. It's 50 or 100 people who can move a multibillion-dollar industry in a way that an incumbent with thousands of people and multitudes of resources cannot," says Birsic.
Since its launch in 2014, Wunder has exploded onto the solar scene. In this episode, Powerhouse CEO Emily Kirsch talks with Birsic about applying the lessons from fintech to cleantech.
Watt It Takes is a collaboration between Powerhouse and Greentech Media. The series is recorded in front of a live audience at Powerhouse headquarters in Oakland, California. Buy tickets for upcoming events.
This podcast is brought to you by GE's Reservoir, a modular lithium-ion energy storage system that can slash construction costs by 50 percent. Find out more about what Reservoir can do for your electric grid, solar plant, wind farm, microgrid, or thermal power plant.
We’re giving listeners major discounts this fall. Use the promo code PODCAST to get a $50 discount for a GTM Squared membership and 20% off our final GTM conferences of the season. Get your GTM conference discount here. Get your GTM Squared discounted membership here.
Listen to our other episodes of Watt It Takes:
- Nancy Pfund’s Pro Tips for Getting Started in Cleantech
- SunPower Founder Dick Swanson’s Guide to Launching a Cleantech Startup
- Lessons From the Fall of Sungevity
- Dan Shugar, the King Midas of Solar
- A History of Greentech Media With Scott Clavenna
- Sungage's Sara Ross on Starting a Solar Loan Company
- Jigar Shah on the Origin Story of SunEdison
- The Origin Story of Mosaic With Billy Parish
- How Roboticist Leila Madrone Built the Air-Based Solar Tracker Firm Sunfolding
- The Death-Defying Reinvention of Advanced Microgrid Solutions
- Assessing the Promise of Electric Buses With Proterra CEO Ryan Popple
- How Sunnova’s John Berger Convinced Oil & Gas Investors to Believe in Solar
- Bertrand Piccard: ‘If You Can Fly Around the World in a Solar Airplane, You Can Do Everything’
- The Origin Story of Sunrun With Lynn Jurich