Welcome to GTM's energy news quiz. I'm your host,
Alex Trebek Mike Munsell. In this year-end edition, we tapped into GTM's web analytics to find the biggest clean energy stories of the year.
See if you can remember all the way back to the first quarter of 2015.
We've provided explainer links to all of the solutions below the quiz, so try not to cheat by looking ahead! Sign up for our newsletter to improve your score every week.
How'd you do? Share this with colleagues and see if they can beat your score. Feel free to brag (or shame yourself) in the comments section.
1. In July, SunEdison announced a plan to purchase this firm for $2.2 billion.
2. In June, Austin Energy got 1.2 GW of solar bids for this price.
3. In May, Tesla announced the price for its 10 kWh Powerwall. How much will it cost?
4. According to a Jan. report, solar is cheaper than the grid in how many of the 50 largest U.S. cities?
5. What was Barack Obama referring to when he said, "This is huge"?
6. In June, SolarStar, the world's largest PV power plant became operational in this U.S. state.
7. SolarCity claimed that it will produce the most efficient rooftop solar panel. How efficient is it?
8. Which firm's CEO said, "By 2017, we’ll be under $1.00 per watt fully installed"?
9. Which company announced in October that it would lay off 15% of its workforce?
10. According to GTM Research, how much additional PV will the U.S. install thanks to the ITC extension?
Mike Munsell is GTM's resident gameshow host. In addition to creating the GTM Energy News Quiz, he writes original riddles at www.riddleearth.com. Sign up to get them in your inbox every Monday and Friday.