That's a lot of content to process. So this week, we're sifting through all our coverage and bringing you the most important trends we covered over the last 12 months.
On The Interchange, we cover the following topics:
- The story that didn’t warrant the attention it got.
- The story that should have gotten more attention than it did.
- The energy tech/sector/personality that had the biggest breakthrough of the year
- The energy tech/sector/personality that had the biggest setback of the year
- A notable trend that you wish you had predicted.
- The "most 2018" story of the year. In other words, a story that embodies the zeitgeist.
The Interchange is sponsored by Sungrow. Sungrow is the leading pure-play solar inverter supplier with a range of solutions for both solar and storage applications. Find out more about how Sungrow is investing in U.S. solar.
And then, go around the horn with our assessment of 2018 on The Energy Gang.
First, we’ll discuss the top trends of the year. Then, a roundup of the best energy journalism of 2018. And finally, some predictions for 2019 — with a twist.
Here are some links to our top journalism choices:
- “The Coal Bailout Nobody Is Talking About” by Joseph Daniel
- “Drilled” podcast by Amy Westervelt
- An interview with Ken Ward, Jr. about his MacArthur "genius" grant for investigative reporting on the coal industry.
- And Stephen’s other picks for top podcasts of the year.
The Energy Gang is brought to you by GE's Reservoir, a modular lithium-ion energy storage system that can slash construction costs by 50 percent. Find out more about what Reservoir can do for your electric grid, solar plant, wind farm, microgrid or thermal power plant.
Make sure to subscribe to our shows anywhere you download your podcasts.