About GTM Research
GTM Research is the market analysis, advisory, and consulting division of Greentech Media, a Wood Mackenzie Business. We provide market intelligence in the form of research reports, data services, advisory services and strategic consulting. GTM Research also runs the Grid Edge Executive Council, an exclusive network of decision makers driving the future of the electric grid. The Grid Edge practice at GTM Research leverages unique, proprietary information and industry channels to serve clients across the value chain and around the globe.
Analysts conduct original quantitative and qualitative market research and deliver analysis through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speaking engagements. As a part of GTM Research's energy storage research team, the analysts serve clients who are responsible for the success of their firm’s technology roadmap, competitive analysis/positioning, product/market positioning and energy storage (hardware and software) deployment strategies.
The Analyst corresponds with, presents to, and advises vendors, developers and utility industry professionals on GTM's analysis regarding the changing landscape of the energy storage market in the U.S. and abroad. The Analyst, Energy Storage will focus on analysis of energy storage markets, including demand analysis and forecasting, competitive assessment, and project economic analysis. This research will encompass market assessment, cost benchmarking and forecasting, strategy identification and competitive analysis. This research will advise electric utilities, technology vendors, investors and service providers on the future of energy storage markets in the U.S. and abroad.
The Analyst works as part of a small, high-performance analyst team in addition to collaborating with Greentech Media’s editorial, marketing and conferences teams. The Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what GTM Research's clients require to be successful, with a focus on cost effectively addressing critical business problems
- Conduct primary research on energy storage markets, business models and economics
- Build detailed economic models for different energy storage applications
- Write industry-leading research reports regarding trends, vendors and strategies across the energy storage landscape
- Collaborate with peers across GTM Research and Greentech Media in order to support research reports, data services, advisory services and conferences (agenda definition, speaker recruitment, moderating and speaking)
- Author multiple reports per year and actively develop visibility for this research and GTM Research through press, social media, and elsewhere
- Contribute to GTM Research's growing base of data tracking and database-oriented products and services
- Work directly with sales and marketing via internal and external communications to actively help generate new sales, build larger programs for existing clients, and effectively market completed research
- Present at GTM-sponsored and industry-related events, and moderate client webinars
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior industry professionals (vendors and utilities) as well as with the journalists who cover the sector; and participate in vendor briefings and press inquiries as necessary
Our products and people are our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- Strong experience (1+ years) either working for a utility, power producer or system operator, or performing analysis on the electricity market through research or consulting
- Proven analytical capabilities – both qualitative and quantitative – and comfort with analyzing large sets of data, working on economic models, and writing market analysis
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a constant desire to innovate
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and willingness to take a stand on vendors and outcomes
- A strong record of academic achievement: B.A. or B.S. minimum; MBA or M.S. preferred
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the evolution of the energy landscape
The location for this position is Greentech Media's Boston office. Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include employee stock options, full healthcare benefits, corporate matching 401k, and a progressive work environment.
Greentech Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.
Please no recruiters! Only professional resumes with a cover letter from qualified applicants will be accepted. Resumes can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.