Utility professionals are constantly presented with the latest technologies and sources of information, all which promise to enable smarter business management. New volumes of data from Smart Grid devices and meters open up greater opportunities for utilities to modernize their operations through the use of high-performance analytics. However, navigating the evolving landscape is tricky and best practices often seem illusive.
Join us for a valuable webinar that will help answer:
- How aggressively are peer utilities using this new data?
- How are utilities balancing Software as a Service (SaaS) opportunities with the need to bring more analytical capabilities in-house?
- How do utility professionals rate their own competencies when applying analytics to operations, customer service or renewables?
- Do regulators really understand the importance of data analytics?
This webinar will also cover results from a survey conducted by GTM Research in collaboration with SAS. Among other findings that will be shared, you will discover:
- Utilities are surprisingly bullish on high performance computing and complex event processing.
- IT and business executives share responsibilities for owning the utility analytics strategy.
- Utilities struggle with the changes required to operating processes and gathering quality data for analysis.
- Business Segments that have the most analytical momentum – both presently and near-term
- Top 3 components of business analytics, according to utility professionals
- Barriers to using analytics in more day-to-day decisions
- A model for evaluating your utility’s “analytical maturity”