The first Solar Market Outlook event, held in November in Boston, brought together over 110 attendees from all areas of the solar market, from integrators to technology suppliers, to financiers and investors. In February, with major research reports on Solar Financing and Concentrating Solar Thermal and PV technologies completed, Greentech Media and the Prometheus Institute will be holding an updated Day of Data, taking a look at the entirety of 2007's transformative solar market, and assessing the impact of market dynamics and policy evolution on 2008 and beyond.
This is a must-attend event for anyone involved in the solar industry, from finance to the supply chain. The data compiled by the Prometheus Institute is widely considered to be the most accurate and up-to-date in the world, and Travis Bradford, author of Solar Revolution, is well known as the industry's most respected analyst.
Attendees of Solar Outlook will come away with a full complement of data and analysis that is unmatched in the industry today, including historical data on supply, demand, and pricing, and forecasts of the global market for PV solutions by technology and region.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Global PV module demand, through first-half 2007
- Solar equipment ASPs
- Silicon supply issues
- Polysilicon capacity growth forecasts
- Silicon pricing
- Concentrating solar thermal and PV technologies and economics
- Updated research on PV technology - performance, cost and prices
- PV production economics
- Thin film solar market outlook
- Venture capital trends in solar, and forecast investment
- Solar financing
- Wall Street data, and its view on the solar market
- Important regional differences in the PV market
- PV world market forecast
- Emerging concepts in solar project financing