For some reason, I started looking over an experienced cleantech investor's presentation on distributed generation today. It's pretty fascinating. I'll pull out a few notable quotes and points:
- "Micro-generation technologies are the wave of the future"
- "No technology breakthroughs are needed. It's a manufacturing challenge."
- "Micro-generators and micro-grids will 'strand' T&D assets"
- "The costs are already in the range."
- "Conventional systems: 100kw power master is $1500/mo full maintenance lease (~2 cents / kwh); $0.05-0.06 / kwh depending upon load factor at $4.00/mmbtu natural gas"
- "Wall Street is getting the message"
- And then this quote from an analyst at Morgan...