The electric power industry is rapidly moving beyond the smart meter to that of an information-rich networked grid. Between 2010 and 2020, power grids around the globe will be transformed through a series of stages driven by the availability of infrastructure technology and application market demand. Everything from improved power quality and reduction in peak demand to the integration of distributed generation resources and EVs will influence the portfolio of technologies and applications to come. The Networked Grid 2010 is Greentech Media's premier two-day summit event covering next-generation smart grid infrastructure and applications. This event will take place on May 18th and 19th at the beautiful Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas and Spa in Palm Springs, CA.
Greentech Media has once again assembled the most relevant, influential and diverse set of speakers to date on the topic of intelligently networking the electric grid in support of future applications. All of our speakers are hand-selected and personally invited based on the realities of the current market and where we see it moving forward from here.
Visionaries from organizations such as Aclara, Better Place, California PUC, Cisco, Control 4, CPower, Duke Energy, EDSA, eMeter, EnergyHub, EnerNOC, EPRI, Foundation Capital, Full Spectrum, GridPoint, Johnson Controls, North Highland, Oracle, Proximetry, Redwood Systems, Revere Security, SAIC, SCE, SDG&E, S&C Electric, Schneider Electric, Silver Spring Networks, SmartSynch, and many more will be on hand. Additional speakers and companies will be announced in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for announcements of many more major North American utilities.
Topics to be covered at The Networked Grid 2010 include:
- North American Utility Executive Round Table Discussion
- Networked Grid Communications Infrastructure: Scaling AMI and Beyond
- The Soft Grid: Smart Grid's Killer Applications
- Power Forward: Grid Optimization and Distribution Automation
- Information is Power: Meter Data Management and Analytics
- Winning the Home Network Battle: PHYs, Protocols and Platforms
- The Smart Home Customer Experience: Next-Generation Consumer Services and TOU Pricing
- Securing the Networked Grid Infrastructure
- Addressing Peak Demand: The Future of Demand Response and Smart Appliances
- The Microgrid Emergence: Distributed, Intermittent Renewable Power & Storage
- Utility Enterprise 2.0: Information Technology and Back-Office Systems Integration
- The Networked EV: Smart Grids and Electric Vehicles
- The Networked Building: Efficient, Automated "Energy LANs"
In addition, The Networked Grid 2010 will feature two in-depth workshops:
- Power Layer Infrastructure Technologies and Network Communications Layer Architectures
- North American Utility Smart Grid Case Studies
Please inquire to email@example.com for information on non-profit, government and student discounts. Please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sponsorship and exhibit opportunities.
We hope to see you there!
Tags: advanced metering infrastructure, ami, better place, california, cisco, cpuc, demand response, distribution automation, electric vehicles, enernoc, gridpoint, home area networks, home automation, home energy management, home networking