About GTM Research
GTM Research is the market analysis, advisory, and consulting division of Greentech Media. GTM Research provides market intelligence in the form of research reports, data services, advisory services and strategic consulting. The solar practice at GTM Research leverages unique, proprietary information and industry channels to serve clients across the value chain and around the globe. GTM Research provides all employees with the opportunity to have direct influence over the strategic direction of the organization.
Title will be determined based on the experience level of the applicant. Analysts conduct original quantitative and qualitative market research and deliver analysis through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speaking engagements. As a part of GTM Research's Grid Edge research team, the analysts serve clients who are responsible for the success of their firm’s technology roadmap, competitive analysis/positioning, product/market positioning and Grid Edge (hardware and software) deployment strategies.
The Analyst corresponds with, presents to, and advises vendors, developers and utility industry professionals on GTM's analysis regarding the changing landscape of the Grid Edge market in the U.S. and abroad. The distributed energy management analyst will focus on analysis of load control, distributed generation, dynamic pricing and energy optimization technology and markets; including demand analysis and forecasting; competitive assessment; and project economic analysis within the Grid Edge market. This research will encompass technology assessment, cost benchmarking and forecasting, strategy identification and competitive analysis. This research will advise electric utilities, technology vendors, investors and service providers on the future of Grid Edge markets in the U.S. and abroad.
The Analyst works as part of a small, high-performance analyst team in addition to collaborating with Greentech Media’s editorial, marketing and conferences teams. The Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what GTM Research's clients require to be successful, with a focus on cost effectively address critical business problems
- Conduct primary research on Grid Edge technologies, business models and economics
- Write industry-leading research reports regarding trends, vendors and strategies across the Grid Edge landscape
- Collaborate with peers across GTM Research and Greentech Media in order to support research reports, data services, advisory services and conferences (agenda definition, speaker recruitment, moderating and speaking)
- Author multiple reports per year and actively develop visibility for this research and GTM Research through press, social media, and elsewhere
- Contribute to GTM Research's growing base of data tracking and database-oriented products and services
- Work directly with sales and marketing via internal and external communications to actively help generate new sales, build larger programs for existing clients, and effectively market completed research
- Present at GTM-sponsored and industry-related events, and moderate client webinars
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior industry professionals (vendors and utilities) as well as with the journalists who cover the sector; and participate in vendor briefings and press inquiries as necessary
Our products and people are our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- Strong experience (1+ years) either working for a retail or integrated utility- or grid-focused vendor or performing analysis on the electricity market through research or consulting
- Experience or knowledge with retail electricity providers or energy service companies
- Proven analytical capabilities – both qualitative and quantitative – and comfort with writing market analysis
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a constant desire to innovate
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and willingness to take a stand on vendors and outcomes
- A strong record of academic achievement: B.A. or B.S. minimum; MBA or M.S. preferred
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the evolution of the energy landscape
This position will be based in Greentech Media’s New York, NY office.
GTM Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.