About GTM Research
GTM Research is the market analysis, advisory, and consulting division of Greentech Media, a Wood Mackenzie Company. GTM Research provides market intelligence in the form of research reports, data services, advisory services and strategic consulting. The solar practice at GTM Research leverages unique, proprietary information and industry channels to serve clients across the value chain and around the globe. GTM Research provides all employees with the opportunity to have direct influence over the strategic direction of the organization.
Analysts conduct original quantitative and qualitative research on the market and deliver analysis through the creation of data services, written reports, public speaking, and consulting engagements. GTM Research promotes analysts as industry thought leaders and experts and as such, analysts must be thoughtful, intellectually curious, creative and comfortable presenting to public audiences and interacting with small groups of executives. Hallmarks of great GTM Research analysts include an insatiable curiosity about solar and the broader energy market context with the tenacity, critical thinking, and discipline to transform data and trends into actionable insights.
Analysts are responsible for their own lines of research and are quickly given responsibility over research products. The analyst will work with the Director of Solar Research and other members of the solar analyst team to capitalize on market trends through the creation and implementation of research products that serve existing clients, attract new partners, promote the GTM Research brand, and ultimately advance the maturity and competitiveness of the global solar industry.
The Analyst will join a small, high-performing team, with a strong emphasis on collaborating with others in all aspects of the job. The Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what GTM Research's clients require to be successful as they navigate the complex and ever-changing solar market
- Lead primary data collection, both qualitative and quantitative, on PV module and upstream material supply, technology trends, drivers, pricing, offerings, and company-specific competitiveness.
- Refine and maintain GTM Research’s global upstream PV data trackers and analysis
- Present to clients and industry stakeholders at trade shows, GTM conferences, and other events
- Manage existing and new research reports and data service products on the upstream solar market
- Collaborate with peers across GTM Research and Greentech Media in order to support research reports, conferences, marketing services and editorial
- Work directly with sales and marketing via internal and external communications to help generate new sales, build larger programs for existing clients, and effectively market completed research
- Consult with clients to apply GTM’s solar research in the context of their specific business environment, and help solve their problems through inquiry, advisory and other custom consulting opportunities
GTM Research is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our products and people are our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- Solar industry experience (1+ years) strongly preferred - especially within the PV module supply chain
- Strong technical background or technically-minded individual
- Proven analytical capabilities – both qualitative and quantitative – and comfort with writing market analysis
- An outgoing and engaging nature, capable of connecting with clients and industry members in a wide range of professional settings
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of a wider business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what drives markets based on economic principles
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills.
Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and be willing to take a stand on companies and markets
The location for this position is Greentech Media's Boston office. Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include employee stock options, full healthcare benefits, corporate matching 401k, and a progressive work environment.
Greentech Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.
Please no recruiters! Only professional resumes with a cover letter from qualified applicants will be accepted. Resumes can be sent directly to email@example.com.